Featured

Thursday, March 1, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Banner

I wanted to make a couple of St. Patty's Day banners to hang from the shelves above our tv this year. I've never really done much decorating for this holiday, but now that I have little kiddos, I feel the need to make every holiday as festive as possible. Festive, but tasteful.

While blog hopping one day I came across a beautiful banner made by Rebecca Cooper from
Simple As That.


So this became my inspiration. Then I remembered that I had these little foam shamrock stickers left over from a scrapbooking project. Perfect!

I like that they've got some sparkle. I also like that there are two different colors.

Here is what I ended up with. I was going to use white cardstock, but decided that I really liked the book pages to add a little more character.


I used twine that Jeremy had down in the garage. I think he uses it to tie branches and sticks together for the yard waste, but I'm loving it for this project and will for sure use it again!

It's very simple, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Thanks for the inspiration Rebecca!

P.S. I hate these shelves and can never really figure out what to put on them. They're not very deep, so they don't hold much, but we needed to fill the space above the tv. I would've preferred to mount our tv on the wall, but at the time Jeremy didn't want to hassle with it. I think he's changed his mind since then. Maybe that will be a future project!



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love this project. I hope you will stop by and link up to my St. Patty's Day Project Parade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project and perfectly seasonal. I'd love to have you join me at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing a St. Patty's Day roundup on Friday - I'd love to share this post. Let me know if that's okay :)

    Angela @ A little about A LOT
    www.alittle-aboutalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete