Featured

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Finished Pins A Day Late

I tried to get on the computer yesterday to post my finished Pinterest projects, but with 2 kiddos under 2, I don't always get to do the things I want to do! Sorry about that! However, I'm here today with 2 of my projects completed. 

First, I made some of those adorable sponge balls.  I've seen some different variations on some of my favorite blogs, but here is how I made mine.

I bought some regular sponges for $2.69 at Target.

 Then I picked up some cable ties at Ace Hardware for $2.50.

 I used scissors to cut the sponges into strips, cutting the length of the sponge.

 The finished project.

I ended up with 2 balls from a package of 6 sponges.

 I just think they are so adorable!  Hudson couldn't wait until we went swimming to use them...he had to play with them in the bathtub last night.

It was a very cheap project and a fun pool toy for Hudson.  Win, win!!

For my next project all I had to do was go out to the backyard to get my supplies.
I picked out some rocks from our landscaping and brought them in to wash.
Then I used a Sharpie, which I already had on hand, to write messages.



I love them! Now I need to pick up a dish to display them.
You can't beat a free project!
I only made 4 for now because I plan on it being an ongoing project. 

As for the tissue balls that I was going to make, I decided on a different mobile to hang above her changing table.  I found my inpiration on Pinterest for the new mobile too, so now I just need to pick up my supplies.  I plan on working on that this weekend.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment